Friday, October 31, 2008

Bachkit

From time to time I come across a feature in a magazine where I am forced to rip out the whole section as one room just won't tell the story. Looking at the bottom of the tear sheets I first saw the Bachkit in Elle Decoration in June 2003. A 'bach' is New Zealand for holiday house and as in Australia the humble beach hut or bach has come a long way. If you spend a bit of time on the Bachkit site you will see that their kit homes come in modules depending on the size, number of bedrooms or if you want a guest pavilion - a great concept if you ask me. Clearly the location of the show home below is enviable but I think the design would be as effective in a bush environment. I also think the layers of glass and security louvres is fantastically adaptable to allow you to enjoy your 'bach' summer and winter. Mine would have a sea view though . . .




No comments: