Friday, December 5, 2008

Companion side table and friends

I have been sick this week so everything has been a bit neglected hence the lack of posts. I like a small side table when I am sitting on the sofa to keep that cup of tea, glass of wine, paper, phone or remote control right beside me. I don't get to sit down much during the day so when I finally get to sit, I want to sit.


The Companion side table is a lovely little piece by Irish designer Peter Mac Cann. It was available at habitat in the UK for a time but the only place I could find it online was in Japan at www.duende.jp.






At current exchange rates the Companion comes in at about AU$200. Functionally, the Rian table from IKEA below (at a pretty unbeatable AU$19) does exactly the same job - although it is not quite as beautiful.



Another style I like is the bent wood Offi Mag Table which can be a low side table and magazine holder or if you flip it over a laptop table so that you can watch your dvds in comfort. The Offi range is available in Australia at top3 www.top3.com.au



Images: Duende, IKEA, Midcentury Modern, Offi

No comments: