Thursday, April 2, 2009

Clarissa Hulse

Clarissa Hulse www.clarissahulse.com is a British designer of fabrics, wallpapers and homewares. Many are based on a botanical theme and her colour palette ranges from very classic and beautiful naturals to a riot of colour and contrast.
Some of her designs are available here in Australia through The Selvedge Group. There is also a range of limited edition refurbished and reupholstered furniture available in the UK. My favourite is the blue chair in the first picture below.

Clarissa Hulse's own home has been widely featured in the media in Europe and I have included a few shots below. Love the study nook and the dining chairs (which look very like my favourites from Pols Potten). Finally I would also draw your attention to the colour palettes section of her website for more inspiration.

1 comment:

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh Sheila, Thank you so much for your honest opinion over at my place. I really appreciate your help. Yes that was my concern too... tiles too big. I am only looking at the herringbone for about a 1 metre by 1 metre area above the stove, the rest will be subway style. Do you think that would work? I suppose the idea was to add some element of intricacy/detail as you will see in the end, it really is a very simple, basic kitchen. I am going to take your advice for my pantry and ask my tiler to lay out all the tiles for the splashback, to get an idea as to whether it will work. I will photograph it and then post it for more wonderful advice from my bloggy friends! By the way, Clarrisa is fabulous! A-M xx